Motorbuch-Verlag repair manual Bucheli german Suzuki GSX-R 1000 from 2001
In autumn 2000, Suzuki presented its GSX-R 1000 at the INTERMOT in Munich. It immediately made a huge impact in sporting and racing circles: boasting 160 h.p. and a dry weight of 170 kg, no other manufacturer was able to offer a comparable street-legal road bike. Price in 2001: DM 24,230 plus DM 270 additional costs (EUR 12,527)
2002 saw the arrival of a new Suzuki GSX-R 1000 with just a few small modifications. For instance, the front axle was equipped with a hexagon socket head screw and the choke converted to automatic. The main Suzuki production site at Hamamatsu switched its focus even more strongly to quality, although there were extremely few teething problems to be dealt with. Price in 2002: EUR 12,510
At the INTERMOT 2002, Suzuki presented its 2003 version, which featured some visible design modifications: the pointed nose with the striking headlights now took its inspiration from the GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa, and the air intakes were moved to the middle. The frame was painted black. The engine output increased to 164 h.p., the dry weight was reduced to 168 kg. So it was nice to see that the 2003 price stayed down at the 2002 level: EUR 12,510.
Numerous photos and exploded drawings provide a clear and easily comprehensible overview of the Suzuki GSX-R 1000’s essential components. This repair manual offers you:
· troubleshooting guide with tips for repair
· 50,000 km endurance test with all the bike’s strengths and weaknesses
· extensive maintenance and care tips
· step-by-step explanations of the individual working processes
· precise explanations of the engine, gears, chassis, brakes, electrics and injection system
· extensive tables section including all technical data, exact setting values and wear limits
· switching diagrams on fold-out pages
Comprehensive address section, endurance test from the magazine “PS – Das Sport-Motorrad Magazin”, a history of Suzuki, GSX-R 1000 Cup racing bike, tyre tips, insider technology tips.
Format: 210 x 280 mm