Data protection notes
- General notes and mandatory information
- Information regarding the processing of personal data for our own business purposes
- Information about the processing of data on this website
1. General notes and mandatory information
2. Information regarding the processing of personal data for our own business purposes
1. Purposes and legal bases of processing We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes: Applicant data We collect and process applicant data for the purpose of conducting application procedures, to the extent necessary for the decision to establish an employment relationship with us. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Section 26 (1) in conjunction with Section 8 S. 2 Federal Data Protection Act [BDSG]. When we hire applicants, we may process provided personal data in accordance with Section 26 (1) Federal Data Protection Act [BDSG], if this processing is necessary for employment relationship purposes. We store the data of unsuccessful applicants for the potential defence against asserted legal claims arising from the application process of up to 6 months after receipt of rejection in text form based on Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest in this relation is a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG). Any further storage will only take place with the applicant’s express consent. Processing of personal data in the online shop and our stores
- For preparing a quotation (initiation of a purchase contract) as well as for concluding and executing of purchase contracts and orders. These processing activities are based on Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR, which permits data processing (including transmission) for performance of contract purposes.
- In the case of hire-purchases also for the conduct of enquiries regarding a hire-purchase and for the drafting of hire-purchase contracts. This processing is exclusively based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. Within the scope of a hire-purchase, we will, on grounds of our legitimate interest, obtain creditworthiness information based on mathematical and statistical methods using your address details.
- Verification of your address to check for deliverability. For this purpose, we will send your full name, address and, if available, your birth date to infoscore Consumer Data GmbH, Rheinstraße 99, 76532 Baden-Baden. infoscore Consumer Data GmbH will also use these data in the future for address or identity verifying purposes on behalf of other companies, as well as for corresponding scoring applications.
- We also process personal data for carrying out promotions and prize draws. The processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. Once the promotion is completed, the relevant data you submit to us will be erased, unless otherwise provided for by the statutory or contractual retention requirements.
- We can also use the addresses of our existing customers for postal advertising of our offer brochures, catalogues and the like. The processing is based on Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is personal direct advertising. You are entitled to object to the use of your data for the purpose of direct advertising at any time.
- For advertising via email in the form of offers, reminders about uncompleted shopping carts and the like, we use the email addresses of our existing customers, i.e. only those already engaged in a business relationship with us. The processing is based on Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR in conjunction with Article 7 (3) UWG (German Act against Unfair Competition). Our legitimate interest is based on a simple and beneficial targeted advertising for our existing customers and the improvement of their shopping experience. Of course, in compliance with the stringent requirements set out in Section 7 (3) UWG (German Act against Unfair Competition), which permits the use of the email address of existing customers under certain conditions. You are entitled to object to the use of your email address for these purposes at any time.
3. Data collection on this website
- anonymised IP number of the user;
- date and time of the consent;
- user agent of the end-user’s browser;
- URL of the provider
- an anonymous, random and encrypted key.
- The accepted cookies by the user (cookie status), which is used as evidence of the provided consent.
4. Analytics tools and advertising
5. Plugins and tools
6. eCommerce and payment service providers