Lithium Starter Battery LiFePO4
The high-quality alternative with substantially higher starting power, longer life and considerably lower weight!
Lithium-ion technology offers the following advantages as compared to “standard” lead-acid batteries:
- starting current is up to 30% higher – over 40 CA (lead-acid battery: 10 CA)
- substantially longer life at over 2,000 cycles under JISD standard (the lead-acid battery only survives around 150–300 complete cycles)
- absolutely insensitive against deep discharging
- less weight, equals a reduction of over 80% depending to the model
- including distance spacers which hold the battery firmly and securely in the battery box – without any further adjustment work!
- no environmental contamination – contains no acid or heavy metals such as lead, cadmium or mercury - contains no acid, cannot leak
- quick charging with the compatible charger (see below) – up to 90% within 6 minutes
- energy saving – stable discharge voltage and low internal resistance
- extremely safe – non-explosive and non-flammable
All the other data as dimensions, positions of the poles and performance rating are indicated at the article. The Ah value indicated is not comparable with the data of "normal" batteries - for a two-wheeler the starting power is essential, as there is no car radio running with the engine off.
The battery has an charging state display integrated in the cover:
3 LED glowing (blue) = >13,15 Volt: battery fully loaded
2 LED glowing (yellow) = > 13,0 Volt: battery is ready, the engine can be started, but could do with a charge
1 LED glowing (red) = < 12,8 Volt: battery needs to be charged before starting the engine
Chargers to use:
Almost any high-quality motorbike charger that uses a pulse charging method and has an automatic switch-off can be used.
The keep-fresh-function of these chargers does not work with lithium batteries.
If you connect such a charger, it charges the battery once, then switches off and the users of the motorcycle using current would empty the battery although the charger is still connected.
To make a permanent connection possible, (f.e. in winter time) so the battery is always nearly fully loaded, you need special lithium chargers (f.e. CTEK).
Never use chargers that work with a charging voltage of more than 15 V (for example when working with high peak voltages for checking whether desulphation is required) - you find a note in the instruction manual of your existing charger!
Starting problems may occur at extremely low temperatures (below around −10° C) due to an increase in battery resistance.
However, the integrated management system means that this is less of an issue than with most conventional lithium batteries.
There is also a simple trick you can use: if the battery is not working well under extremely cold conditions, switch your headlights on for between 10 and 15 seconds. That warms up the battery and improves the starting power.
Price per unit
- Sehr positiv
- Gut für 1 Jahr