repair manual Bucheli german BMW R 1200 GS until 2009
BMW brought out the new R 1200 GS in 2004 as the successor to its successful R 1100/1150 models. Following the good old GS tradition, the bike is unrivalled on the market. From the word go, it was the best-selling motorbike in Germany in 2004 and 2005. With electronic petrol injection, regulated catalytic converter and (as an optional extra) safety-boosting ABS braking system, the R 1200 GS offers the forward-looking technological, environmental and safety standards that have been the hallmark of BMW motorbikes for many years.
The R 1200 GS delivers reliability at the highest possible level. And when the equipment, engine and chassis are looked after properly, which is no big deal for well-practiced hobby mechanics, the big GS is the ideal universal bike for leisure time, travel and adventure. A bike that will be a loyal servant to its owner for many years. But despite optimum maintenance and care, there can be times on the streets of this world when a problem crops up and there is no BMW workshop nearby, and for that this book was written.
This handbook includes the following chapters:
– 50,000 km endurance test and major exhaust test from “Motorrad”, Europe’s most popular bike magazine
– road reports: Wunderlich BMW R 1200 GS Jararaca and AC Schnitzer R 1200 GS
– extra chapter with tips on the appropriate tools for use in the hobby workshop
– settings and maintenance
– carrying out your own maintenance and servicing, with maintenance and mechanics’ tips
– all the approved tyres for the R 1200 GS from Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Metzeler, Michelin and Pirelli
– caring for and maintaining the brakes
– professionally removing/replacing wheels
– adjusting the suspension and dampers
– adjusting and repairing the steering
– removing and replacing swingarm and gimbal
– single-wire system and electronics
– maintaining, caring for and charging the battery, maintaining the charging and ignition system
– fuel system: cleaning the air filter, inspecting the injection system
– removing/fitting the exhaust system
– the right oil for the boxer engine and gears, changing the oil yourself
– checking and adjusting valve clearance
– removing/fitting the cylinder head, cylinders and pistons
– adjusting the clutch and gears
– repairing the starter motor
– tightening torques of all screwed connections
– detailed troubleshooting guide with instructions and tips for repair
– extensive table containing technical data, exact setting values and wear limits
– addresses of all BMW dealers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Format: 210 x 280 mm
- Shipping & delivery
We always give our best to handle your order as fast as possible. Orders which are placed before 2 pm on a work day are usually handed over to our logistics partner (DHL) on the same day if in stock.
4.95 Euro within Germany, Poland
5.95 Euro in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands
9.95 Euro Spain, Finland, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden
14.95 Euro Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal
19.95 Euro Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria
All delivery costs are charged per order.
In our online shop, you can choose from various payment options. You can pay by invoice, direct debit, cash on delivery, credit card or finance.
Sehr gutes Buch, alles gut beschrieben. Ist zuempfehlen
- Product Questions (0)
Here you can ask public questions which can be answered not only by us, but also by other customers. If you have a private question, please use our contact form.
Fragen zum Produkt