Wilbers Suspension Strut Type 643
Improved responsiveness and large reserves for good road adhesion resulting in great grip and comfort - for a clearly improved road position. The equalising reservoir on the tube makes sure the absorption remains the same also with stronger loads (course, off-road, holiday tour, high temperatures).
It is surprising what is possible with these suspension struts - even with supposed good original supension elements.
- the equalising reservoir for compression adjustment includes the setting knobs for the low- and high-speed ranges, 22 setting clicks in each range offer optimum fine-tuning with no need to compromise
- of course, the preload is infinitely adjustable and an extremely wide range of rebound settings are available using an open bleed mechanism with 22 clicks of adjustment
- due to the extremely wide setting zone the right system for normal street use, course, the world trip and all the other fields of application
- 643 with large 46 mm piston diameter
- at maximum compression speeds, a pressure control valve prevents a hydraulic block in the suspension strut, which can lead to uncontrolled impacts in the chassis
- type 643 P with equalising reservoir on the solid milled aluminium section, pointing up like a lever or parallel to the suspension strut
- type 643 PS with swivelling equalising reservoir on the solid milled aluminium section, pointing up like a lever or parallel to the suspension strut
- type 643 PSD with swivelling equalising reservoir on the cantilever from a solid milled aluminium section, pointing up like a lever or parallel to the suspension strut
- type 643 QS with a swivelling equalising reservoir installed crosswise on the solid milled aluminium section
- type 643 QSD with a swivelling equalising reservoir installed on the cantilever on the solid milled aluminium section
- the choice of the type for the model depends on the local conditions
- radial pistons, guidance for wet running and self-aligning bearings with PTFE
- Blueline comes with a blue spring and a red setting ring of the traction level, Blackline comes with a black spring and a silver setting ring
- for models with two suspension struts as TS version (twin shock) a pair of stereo suspension struts - view article denomination
- version +625 (view article denomination) = including hydraulic spring pretensioning with hand wheel for a quick and easy handling when changing crew/load often
- version +629 (view article denomination) = including manual height adjustment on the suspension strut fixing
- for homogenous road-handling it is recommended to use the suspension struts together with the Wilbers fork springs
- Wilbers supension struts are usually no stock goods, they are built on demand and have therefore a certain delivery time
Approval: With ABE type approval - the delivered ABE booklet has to be carried along.
Does not require registration, but can be entered in your vehicle documentation for convenience reasons.
In case of a binding order in one of our stores, there are the following individualization options:
- Adjustment to your personal needs (free of charge) – if indicating driver's and passenger's weight (including equipment), preferred intended use (mostly solo, often in twos, with luggage, race circuit, country road etc.) and way of driving, the suspension struts are suitably constructed and adjusted. There's indeed a difference if a 60 kg person mostly drives alone or with the permissible total weight – spring rate and absorption are correspondingly chosen.
- Highering or lowering (without extra charge) is possible, if technically realizable.If it's not in standardly offered dimensions, the suspension struts are only delivered with an approval.
- If you don't find your model here, ask in one of our stores, they are available for nearly every motorcylcle and quad, if necessary they can be manufactured according to specifications.
- The same is valid for hydraulic suspension pre-load and highering. Both is possible for most of the suspension struts, if they are not to find here (with extra charge).
Due to logistic reasons such individual constructions can not be delivered, the supension strut has to be ordered bindingly and picked up at the store.
Price per piece (only TS versions for 2 pieces).