repair manual Bucheli german BMW F 800 R
The BMW F 800 R was presented in November 2008 at the motorbike fair in Milan. The sporty naked bike with its parallel twin engine can be used as a reliable form of everyday transportation or for more sporty use on winding roads and combines dependability and driving enjoyment at a high level. With electronic engine management, petrol injection, catalytic converter and (as an optional extra) safety-boosting ABS braking system, the F 800 R offers a good mix of the cutting-edge technological, environmental and safety standards that have been the hallmark of BMW motorbikes for many years. When the equipment, engine and chassis are looked after properly, which is no big deal for well-practiced hobby mechanics, the F 800 R is an ideal universal bike for everyday, leisure, sport and travel use. A bike that will be a loyal servant to its owner for many years. But despite optimum maintenance and care, there can be times on the streets of this world when a problem crops up and there is no BMW workshop nearby, and for that this book was written.
This handbook includes the following chapters:
– many photos, drawings and detailed explanations that help you to carry out your own maintenance and inspections
– correct washing and care for your motorbike
– workshop advice: the right tools for the hobby workshop and special tools
– removing/fitting fairing parts, removing/replacing the engine
– all approved tyres for the BMW F 800 R from Avon, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Metzeler, Michelin and Pirelli
– removing/replacing the wheels
– maintaining the brakes, fitting new brake pads, changing the brake fluid
– cleaning, lubricating, tightening the chain, fitting new chain with front and rear sprocket
– chassis: adjusting the suspension strut and steering, changing the fork oil and steering bearing
– removing/replacing swingarm and suspension strut
– checking the lights, changing bulbs
– vehicle and engine electrics: explanations and descriptions of the CAN bus system, control devices and components
– charging the battery, checking the charging system
– repairing the starter motor and overrunning clutch
– fitting spark plugs, checking the ignition system
– injection: cleaning the air filter, secondary air system, setting and replacing the accelerator cable
– removing/fitting the exhaust system
– lubricating system: the right motor oil for the twin engine, changing the oil and filter yourself
– cooling system: checking and changing the coolant
– maintenance, care, adjusting and repair of the clutch and gears
– checking and adjusting valve clearance
– detailed troubleshooting guide with instructions and tips for repair
– extensive table of technical data, exact setting values and wear limits
– tightening torques on illustrated double pages
Format: 200 x 280 mm
- Shipping & delivery
We always give our best to handle your order as fast as possible. Orders which are placed before 2 pm on a work day are usually handed over to our logistics partner (DHL) on the same day if in stock.
4.95 Euro within Germany, Poland
5.95 Euro in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands
9.95 Euro Spain, Finland, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden
14.95 Euro Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal
19.95 Euro Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria
All delivery costs are charged per order.
In our online shop, you can choose from various payment options. You can pay by invoice, direct debit, cash on delivery, credit card or finance.
- Product Questions (0)
Here you can ask public questions which can be answered not only by us, but also by other customers. If you have a private question, please use our contact form.
Fragen zum Produkt