lithium battery YTZ12S
YTZ12S Lithium Battery
The high-quality alternative with substantially higher starting power, longer life and considerably lower weight.
Lithium-ion technology offers the following advantages as compared to “standard” lead-acid batteries:
- starting current is up to 30% higher – over 40 CA (lead-acid battery: 10 CA)
- substantially longer life at over 2,000 cycles under JISD standard (the lead-acid battery only survives around 150–300 complete cycles)
- less weight; 1,000 g as compared to 3,700 g equals a reduction of over 70%
- same size as the original battery – meaning that the size of the battery box on the motorbike does not need to be reduced to accommodate the battery securely and firmly
- no environmental contamination – contains no acid or heavy metals such as lead, cadmium or mercury
contains no acid, cannot leak
- quick charging with the compatible charger – up to 90% within 6 minutes
- energy saving – stable discharge voltage and low internal resistance
- extremely safe – non-explosive and non-flammable
Length x width x height = 150 x 87 x 93 mm
Terminals: positive on the left, negative on the right
Charging current: standard 2.5 A, maximum 22 A
Cold-cranking amps (CCA): 290 A
Almost any high-quality motorbike charger that uses a pulse charging method and has an automatic switch-off can be used.
The keep-fresh-function of these chargers does not work with lithium batteries.
If you connect such a charger, it charges the battery once, then switches off and the users of the motorcycle using current would empty the battery although the charger is still connected.
To make a permanent connection possible, (f.e. in winter time) so the battery is always nearly fully loaded, you need special lithium chargers (f.e. CTEK).
Never use chargers that work with a charging voltage of more than 15 V (for example when working with high peak voltages for checking whether desulphation is required) - you find a note in the instruction manual of your existing charger!
Starting problems may occur at extremely low temperatures (below around −10° C) due to an increase in battery resistance.
However, the integrated management system means that this is less of an issue than with most conventional lithium batteries.
There is also a simple trick you can use: if the battery is not working well under extremely cold conditions, switch your headlights on for between 10 and 15 seconds. That warms up the battery and improves the starting power.
- Shipping & delivery
We always give our best to handle your order as fast as possible. Orders which are placed before 2 pm on a work day are usually handed over to our logistics partner (DHL) on the same day if in stock.
4.95 Euro within Germany, Poland
5.95 Euro in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands
9.95 Euro Spain, Finland, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden
14.95 Euro Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal
19.95 Euro Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria
All delivery costs are charged per order.
In our online shop, you can choose from various payment options. You can pay by invoice, direct debit, cash on delivery, credit card or finance.
- Product Questions (0)
Here you can ask public questions which can be answered not only by us, but also by other customers. If you have a private question, please use our contact form.
Fragen zum Produkt